SENIOR CENTERS and RESIDENTIAL SENIOR COMMUNITIES
"I had Leigh come and the residents loved it. It is hard to get someone that has a good voice and can engage the residents. Give him a try – I promote it as a concert that you can sing along too.” - Caren Kerns, Engage Life Coordinator – Atria Ryebrook"
"Our residents and staff alike LOVE Leigh! His shows are fun and entertaining and he keeps our Harbor residents engaged. I’ve already booked him thru 2017!" - Jennifer Felciano, Harbor Program Coordinator, Benchmark Village at South Farms, Middletown, CT
Using my experience as a singer, entertainer and karaoke host I’ve developed a show for senior centers and senior living communities (of all care levels) with a modern twist on the traditional “sing-a-long” utilizing the popular karaoke format of musical backing tracks with lyrics projected on a TV screen. The goal is to engage residents in a fun hour of musical entertainment with a variety of options for interaction:
- Sing along - Most residents will sing along from their seats and enjoy seeing the lyrics to their favorite songs on the TV. I'll walk around the room as I sing to personally engage those who are interested in singing along.
- “Be The Star You Are" - For those who want to get in touch with their “inner ham” residents can perform in front of the audience.
- Staff can also can get into the act! Residents love to see staff performing, particularly when they actually step up to sing in front of the audience.
- In concert - Though my goal is to interact and motivate as much as possible I can also perform in a “concert” format with a program of popular oldies, sing-a-longs and standards as well as requests from the group.
Every senior community has it’s own unique dynamic. Please call or email – I’m happy to talk with you about tailoring a show for your group!
The set-up includes a small professional sound system and two TV's for the residents to view the song lyrics. Though there are over 23,000 songs available, to keep it simple I pass out a two sheet list of suggestions with approximately 200 popular songs from which residents can make requests. More detailed songbooks are also available.
Performances at these area senior communities (references available upon request):
- Ashlar Village – Wallingford
- Atria - Hamden
- Atria – Greenridge (Rocky Hill)
- Atria – Ryebrook
- Atria – Stamford
- Benchmark – Brookfield Common (Assisted Living & Memory Care)
- Benchmark – Hamden
- Benchmark – Coachman Square at Woodbridge
- Benchmark – Carriage Green (Milford)
- Benchmark – East Farms (Assisted Living & Memory Care)
- Benchmark – Edgehill (Stamford)
- Benchmark - Middlebrook Farms (Trumbull)
- Benchmark - Ridgefield Crossing
- Benchmark – South Farms (Assisted Living & Memory Care)
- Benchmark – Split Rock (Shelton)
- Benchmark – Village at Mariner’s Point (Assisted Living & Memory Care)
- Bridges – Trumbull (Memory Care)
- Brighton Gardens - Stamford
- Brookdale – Woodbridge
- Brookdale – Rocky Hill
- Crosby Commons – Shelton
- Gardner Heights - Shelton (Memory Care & Skilled Nursing)
- Lutheran Home – Southbury
- Maefair Health Care - Trumbull (Skilled Nursing)
- Maplewood - Newtown
- Maplewood – Orange
- Maplewood – Stony Hill at Bethel (Memory Care)
- Maplewood – Strawberry Hill (Norwalk)
- Meadow Ridge –Redding (Assisted Living)
- Meadow Ridge–Redding (Independent Living)
- Milford Health and Rehabilitation (Skilled Nursing)
- Miller Center - Hamden (Senior Center)
- One MacDonough Place - Middletown
- Spring Meadow – Trumbull
- Sunrise Senior Living - Stamford
- The Greens at Greenwich
- The Greens at Cannondale
- The Hearth - Southbury
- The Hearth at Tuxis Pond
- Watermark – Southbury (Independent and Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing)
- Watermark – 3030 Park
- Waveny Care Center - New Canaan
Leigh Henry sings "Fly Me To The Moon" with his band Celebration: https://youtu.be/FHsimcR3NpA
Leigh Henry sings "Sweet Caroline" with his band Celebration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v-b91C1zow
Please call or email to discuss a show at your Senior Living Community!